Partner, McKinsey & Co, new jersey
Aaron is a leader in our semiconductor and automotive practices and specializes in advising companies on strategic and operational topics, including purchasing and supply-chain management, product development, and go-to-market strategy. Aaron is also the leader of our Numtrics R&D analytics solution.
Drawing on his semiconductor industry background and deep expertise in electronics, Aaron has supported clients on a range of issues. Recent examples of his semiconductor client work include the following:
- supporting a leading equipment player in the commercialization of a new semiconductor manufacturing technology
- advising a leading analog player on potential options for exiting an unprofitable product segment
- advising two leading semiconductor companies on post-merger integration, including go-to-market strategy, technology strategy, and front-end and back-end manufacturing models
- helping a leading fabless-wireless-chipset vendor develop a wafer-sourcing strategy including cleansheet cost modeling and foundry-negotiation strategy
- working with a fabless-chipset company to reduce indirect costs across a range of spending categories including IT, marketing spend, etc.
- supporting the end-to-end commercialization of a new display technology, including fab construction, process development, and equipment-ecosystem development
- developing a margin-improvement program for a leading communications chipset player, including portfolio rationalization, pricing optimization, and various COGS-reduction initiatives
Prior to joining McKinsey in 2004, Aaron was a senior systems and software-design engineer at Texas Instruments in Houston. In this role, he was the technical lead in the development and commercialization of a number of embedded processors for telecommunications applications.
Aaron holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an MS in electrical engineering from Georgia Institute of Technology, and a BEng in electrical engineering from the University of Botswana.